Committed to better energy, over 98, 000 employees work worldwide (cut out "help throughout the world") to meet demand for (cut out "supply ourprovide the Group’s customers with") products and services that are safer, more affordable, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to the greatest number of people.
Total puts Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at the heart of its activities and conducts its operations according to the following principles of :
- protecting the safety and security of people and its facilities;
- limiting its environmental footprint;
- ensuring that its Code of Conduct is applied in its sphere of operations;
- incorporating the challenges of sustainable development in the exercise of its activities;
- increasing its local operations by placing dialogue with its stakeholders at the heart of its policy and contributing to the economic and social development of the regions where the Group has operations with the objective of creating shared value;
- promoting equal opportunities and fostering diversity and cultural mix among its personnel.
A family owned Aboriginal business
Bassett Petroleum is a family owned and operated Aboriginal business headquartered in Hay River, Northwest Territories with regional branches in Sherwood Park, Fort McMurray and Yellowknife. It recently celebrated its 25th anniversary and seeks to continually diversify its product and service offering, now including Total lubricants.
Welcoming Total Canada into the family
“We look forward to this new chapter in Bassett Petroleum’s long legacy. As an Aboriginal, family-owned and operated business, we are proud of our personal connections with customers and business partners. We would like to welcome Total Canada into our family,” said Norm Bassett, Vice-President and General Manager of Bassett Petroleum.
Working with Suncor
Total works with Suncor on two oil sands mine projects: Fort Hills and Joslyn. Total has a 29.2% interest in the Suncor-operated Fort Hills asset, located approximately 90 kilometers north of Fort McMurray, Alberta. Total also holds a 38.25% operating interest in the Joslyn asset, located 65 kilometers northwest of Fort McMurray.
Working with ConocoPhillips
Total E&P Canada owns a 50% interest in the Surmont asset. Operated by ConocoPhillips, Surmont is located approximately 60 kilometers southeast of the city of Fort McMurray. The asset covers an area of 567 square kilometers, and Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) technology is used to extract the bitumen from the oil sands.